Registered child sex offender data

Date published: 12 March 2018 14:23

The child sex offender disclosure scheme, sometimes called ‘Sarah’s Law’, allows parents, carers or guardians to formally ask the police for information about a person who has contact with their child, or a child close to them, if they are concerned the person may pose a risk. Find out below how to make a request under the child sex offender disclosure scheme, and what is involved. 

How to request information

To make a request for information please, please visit your local police station. An officer or member of staff will take the time to gather all the information we need and discuss the next steps with you. Each request is carefully considered in consultation with partner agencies, so that disclosure is granted to those best able to protect and safeguard children.