In Britain, the caravan or camping experience is a much-loved family tradition.
Today, with improvements in roadways, luxury caravans,and tents, more and more people are embracing the great outdoors as a cost-effective getaway.
Follow these tips to ensure your camping trip remains trouble free:
- When leaving your vehicle parked, remove all valuables – especially satellite navigation equipment, cameras, binoculars, mobile phones and handbags. If you cannot take them with you, lock them out of sight
- Secure doors, windows, boot and sunroof every time you leave your vehicle
- Remove your stereo
- Park in a busy, well-lit location that is visible to passers-by
- Use an immobiliser, alarm and other security devices if you have them.
- Lock your tent using a padlock or specialist tent lock
- Use a tent liner as it makes it harder for a thief to get in.
- Shut and lock caravan doors and windows when you go out, even if it is just for a few minutes
- Remember to lock the doors at night when you are asleep
- Keep valuables out of sight
- Some accommodation providers have safety deposit boxes. Use one of these to store your valuables where possible. Otherwise keep your belongings hidden away.